Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Celebrate the Author Challenge


This is a twelve month challenge starting on January 1 2008 set up by Becky. The challenge is designed to "celebrate" authors' birthdays. Choose one author for each month of the year. Read at least one book a month. You can choose alternatives for each month and you do NOT have to choose a book until the very moment you're ready to start reading. You can change your mind so long as you change your list to reflect that change.

This suits me very well as I have a long list of books to be read and so the authors I’ve currently chosen are all taken from that list. I particularly like the idea that I can change my mind as I do like to read spontaneously and this gives me that freedom of choice. I hope that this challenge will help me clear the backlog of unread books!

January - Virginia Woolf -The Death of the Moth and Other Essays - see here

February - Paul Auster - The Book of Illusions - see here

March - Robert Frost - see here

April - Ian Rankin - see here

May - Daphne Du Maurier or Richard Adams or Margaret Forster

June - Orhan Pamuk or Thomas Hardy

July - Alexander Dumas or Joanne Harris

August - Irving Stone or Jorges Louis Borges or Mollie Panter-Downes

September - Kiran Desai or Chimananda Ngozi Adichie or Elizabeth Gaskell

October - Melvyn Bragg or A N Wilson

November - George Eliot or Chinua Achebe or Mark Twain

December - Jane Austen or Sophie Kinsella

Revised 28 April 08

1 comment:

Becky said...

So glad you're joining in on this one!